STILL BE UPDATED come back every so often Ill have more here thanks
new version out for firmware! v1.6 click here to jump to bottom of this post to see changes
Just arrived this week (after many months of hunting a shop that had in in stock ,retotowers done the deed again and sent it out quick!) and giving it the run thorugh on my ACE (hah remember them!part scammers part genius brothers) ! modded region pal super nintendo.. so far so good but no instructions that i can find.. so I made some dirs (which ill show later) and its booting some games and the special dsp enabled ones like mario kart and pilotwings
but first I need to un mod some of the stuff done by advanceconsolesentertainment from way back in the day.. the rainbow ribbon is cute but it was always too short.. time to remove and put a proper rgb cable pluged into the back as normal; also the cgatovga convertor needs soldering/setup so this can all be play-tested on a lcd monitor..
some success at last with rgb cables and cgatovgaconverter board with this modded pal super nintendo running @ 60hz in no small part helped along by a syncstripper network added to the cga boards cables (but has since been replaced by the rgb scaler king the xrgb-mini framemiester! more on that later and screenshots) Still need to find out why I don’t see anything from a pure unmodded jap ntsc super famicom…no menu nothing..i guess ill have to rewire the ntsc rgb cable i modded..
- freezing menus: Resetting the system resolves the problem, but occasionally it will freeze just seconds after being reset.?
- when i reset it goes back to game not the sd2snes menu: its fine, just hold down the reset button longer ,say for 2secs, this will tell sd2snes to not reset to game already in ram but straight back to main menu !
try going back to 0.1.4 firmware? latest 0.1.5 def does this for me>i think im going back to 0.14 its too unstable in the menus and the changes in 1.5 dont affect many peoples setups.
firmwares here : http://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads latest revision:
* sd2snes folder is always hidden again
- fix garbled time on initial clock setting (new unit or battery replacement)
- fix BS-X not booting/booting incorrectly after soft reset
- fix OBC1 being always disabled
- fix firmware crash when saving after using the serial command line
v0.1.6 ====== * OBC1 support (Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge works) * menu now displays the 10 most recently played games instead of one * hidden and system files are now ignored in the file browser * some minor internal changes for convenience of development * Fixes: - partial-size BS dumps should now load correctly - fixed a PSRAM mapping bug in the new BS-X mapping logic that caused graphical corruption on some games (notably Treasure Conflix garbled sprites) - SRAM mapping for LoROM <=16Mbits now uses the entire bank instead of - 0000-7fff only. Fixes saving in some games, e.g. Ys III Wanderers from Ys