The Circuit Sword is a single circuit board that contains all the required power/logic/io/peripherals to run a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3. This makes the Circuit Sword a single board computer capable of running any software designed for the Raspberry Pi. It includes special components designed for portability and ease of use, and so features battery charging and power/shutdown management as well as button input, LCD and audio output. The Circuit Sword is a perfect fit for retro handheld console form factors and they can provide a safe and secure enclosure for the board.
June 15th ’18 :another battery 4000mah ! has arrived need to add a ‘jst’ and test so has the 3ds stick and the hooly’ back buttons pcb!just a one more key part(the lcd/buttons 3d printed frame support with brass screws) and i think its ready to be built
June 4th ’18 :updating this asap as i build my own one
- kite circuit sword -all in one pcb the main attraction!Amazing bit of kit has everything for retropie hardware wise- pricey but worth it !
- hoolyhoo’ backplates for screen/buttons and LR1/2 back side buttons pcb
- lcd window protector(gorilla glass!)
- extra buttons for L1 R1 L2 R2
and the extra 2 or 4 buttons for front side of case (think snes pad style )
- and the silicon carbon pads to make the connections
- 3.7 3000-4000mah battery lipo ( i bought this one after reading size dimensions on forums to fit inside the dmg batt case section it should work fine?!)
With these items your 95 percent ready with parts
you can still do most of it if you buy buttons and the kite sword cm3 kit but hot glue can only get you so far!
Tools like craft knife ,clippers ,soldering iron and hot glue are a must its assumed you will have this before you tackle this project!
Updating your existing installation
Update retropie from the main retropie-setup. Once updated and rebooted, you will most likely also need to update the Circuit Sword software (see below) to re-apply any existing fixes that may have been undone by the update.
Updating the Circuit Sword software
The installation includes an update script! This will perform the necessary actions to pull latest changes and apply them to your running installation.
- Enable WIFI and SSH
sudo ./update.sh YES
wifi not connecting?
1)Plug the SD card to windows computer (assumed you’ve already flashed it)
2) on the boot partition, create a file called ssh without extension, without anything inside the file
3) create another file called wpa_supplicant.conf (confirm extension change if asked)
4) edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file and paste this inside
psk="Your Network's Passphrase"
!! if even with this it still not connecting add this >:
using ubuntu/linux img via vmplayer in windows10 or mac or linux itself
you can for example add this file if not already stated
Manual Configuration (Interfaces)
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
Go here and with gedit or any notepad type app view/edit interfaces file and add the text from below with your own ssid/passwords of course..
<button class="md-clipboard" title="Copy to clipboard" data-clipboard-target="#__code_2 pre, #__code_2 code"></button><code class="shell">auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
add this text to the networks file after the text that already in the file and save it next time your retropie /cm3 reboots your wifi icon should kick in !